Malovice u Erpužic, Tachov dist., Plzeň Region
Prehistoric barrow cemetery
The barrow cemetery of the Middle and Late Bronze Ages (1600-1000 BC) is one of few sites of this type relatively well preserved. Although almost thirty barrows are identifiable at the site, only six of them have been excavated. The barrows usually included a stone construction and remains of inhumation as well as cremation burials, usually in vessels – urns. Richer burials were also furnished with bronze jewellery, weapons and tools, and in several cases even ornaments from gold and amber appeared.
References: Eichhorn 1934, 1937; Šaldová 1967; Čujanová-Jílková 1970; Šaldová 1975.
Navigation points: N 49°46'52.30", E 13°03'16.98".
Map notes: 1–27 – barrows. Map symbols are available in the Downloads section.
Selected fulltext articles and reports for further reading. Complete bibliographical records are available in the Downloads section as the List of publications.Eichhorn, O. 1934: Hügelgräber bei Mies, Sudeta 10, 26–28.Šaldová, V. 1967: Pravěk Stříbrska. Průvodce archeologickými sbírkami Vlastivědného muzea ve Stříbře. Stříbro: Vlastivědné muzeum.TX195802982