Bílovec, Nový Jičín distr., Moravian-Silesian Region
Early modern chateau Bílovec
The establishment of this fortified manor in the south-east part of the town is probably dated back to the 2nd half of the 15th century. Originally a simple fortified manor, it soon changed into a city palace, which was remodelled into a four-wing Renaissance chateau at the end of the 16th century. The current three-wing ground plan has developed after a fire in 1729 and the following reconstruction by the Sedlnický Family from Choltice. The chateau area was subject of an archaeological research; its results will be presented to the public in the form of an exhibition devoted to the building development of the chateau.
References: Plaček 1996; Grůza – Augustinková 2001; Kiecoň 2015.
Navigation point: N 49°45'19.80", E 18°00'59.85".
Map notes: A – northern wing of the chateau; B – extension of the original palace building; C – city wall; D – gate, rampart and ditch; E – drawbridge; F – gate tower. Map symbols are available in the Downloads section.
Selected fulltext articles and reports for further reading. Complete bibliographical records are available in the Downloads section as the List of publications.Sto zajímavých archeologických lokalit Moravy a Slezska – Bílovec